Sunday, March 4, 2007

You've been gone...

You've been gone a little over a week now but it feels so much longer. We're all kind of getting by here, doing what we can to help each other out, sorting out feelings and such as we attempt to go about our day to day. My son is doing well. He's closing in on 9lbs and I'm afraid to report he has my temper! I think you experienced that on more than one occasion as I did yours. He's a good kid, and I'll be telling him all about you in years to come. We've had a stretch of hot weather lately. I know how much you liked that. We keep him stripped down to his diaper as there's no air conditioning in our current apartment. I'm happy to say that he has got some great and gifted cousins to watch him grow and help him along his way. If I could ask for anything, it would be your gentle manner, deep understanding, and your ability to guide as I take my own steps into fatherhood. Please check in with me from time to time. My dreams are always open.

No comments: