Sunday, July 15, 2007

I know you...

I know you did your best to take care of us, but taking care of us is what killed you. And now I wonder if you really even cared about us at all. Some, including you, said you sacrificed so much for us. I say you didn't care about yourself enough to care for us properly. Supporting us was like a tool you used to make you believe that you were important. You took care of us not because you were selfless, but because taking care of us allowed you to focus on us and never look at yourself in the mirror to confront your own demons. If I had known how insecure you were when I first met you, I would have never married you. I hope in your next life you are a confident man, a man who can live life to the fullest, who loves himself, a man who is sensitive, a man who does not spend his days and evenings at the office under the guise of "taking care" of his loved ones. You were not a hero. You were a loser, and I more so for having put up with you all these years.

No comments: